Avoid a desk-reject for your article
Collates links to all eight blogposts in the how to avoid a desk-reject series
My series on how to avoid a desk-reject has been very popular over the years. However, it is hard to get an overview of the recommendations and to navigate between the blogposts. On this page I have therefore included links to all eight separate blogposts as well as all of their sub-sections. Above you will also find a playlist of seven videos dealing with each of the eight steps. It was created for the Middlesex University writing bootcamp, but will be useful for all.
Links to all eight blogposts
- Joining a conversation
- What to do? Research, research, research
- What needs to be included in an abstract?
- Examples of abstracts
- Some quick fine-tuning tips
- Emails vs. paper introductions
- How title, abstract and introduction work in harmony
- Examples of conclusions
- How to end your paper effectively?
- How to use references strategically?
- Picking your acting editor and suggesting reviewers
- What's included in a letter to the editor?
- That's it: you are done!
Copyright © 2022 Anne-Wil Harzing. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Sun 6 Nov 2022 14:55
Anne-Wil Harzing is Professor of International Management at Middlesex University, London and visiting professor of International Management at Tilburg University. She is a Fellow of the Academy of International Business, a select group of distinguished AIB members who are recognized for their outstanding contributions to the scholarly development of the field of international business. In addition to her academic duties, she also maintains the Journal Quality List and is the driving force behind the popular Publish or Perish software program.