Harzing.com paper series
Introduces the Harzing.com paper series
The Harzing.com paper series features occasional papers about issues and people I care about. It currently contains three sections. Click on the link to go to the relevant section.
- Wives of the Organization: a set of four papers around the general theme of the role of women in the workplace
- Obituaries: memories about academic colleagues who passed away
- Bibliographic analyses: a series of analyses of the scholarly writings of deceased AIB Fellows by Anne-Wil in her role as AIB Fellows Bibliometrician
I am delighted to launch this series with a set of four papers around the general theme of the role of women in the workplace. It starts with Anne Huff's "Wives of the Organization" paper, a paper that has led an underground existence for nearly two decades and has lost none of its currency. Hence, I am thrilled to finally see this paper published and hope that it can benefit a new generation of academic women (and men!).
The paper is followed by two commentaries, written by Joyce Fletcher, Marta Calás and Linda Smircich, as well as a short rejoinder by Anne Huff. The papers are introduced by Alison Konrad and Anne Huff. I trust you will enjoy this exciting exchange.
- Introduction to Wives of the Organization by Alison Konrad and Anne Huff
- Wives of the Organization by Anne Huff
- Wives, Woes and Good Work: Untangling the Contradictions by Joyce Fletcher
- Does Everybody Still Want a Wife? by Marta B. Calás and Linda Smircich
- Citizens of the Organization by Anne Huff
A paper by my former PhD supervisor - Arnd Sorge - written in remembrance of Professor Cornelis Lammers (1928-2009). It is a testament not only to Cor Lammers' contribution to organisation theory, but also to Arndt's reflective and observational skills, combined with honesty, and sprinkled with a healthy dose of humour.
- Seven EIBAians in search of an author by Vítor Corado Simões
A paper by EIBA Fellow Vítor Corado Simões to commemorate seven prominent EIBA members.
- A tribute to Thomas Hippler (1972-2018) by Anne-Wil Harzing and David Adams
A series of analyses by Anne-Wil in her role as AIB Fellows Bibliometrician. Anne-Wil has been an AIB Fellow since 2019.
- Bibliographic Analysis of the Scholarly Writings of Jean J. Boddewyn
- Bibliographic Analysis of the Scholarly Writings of Stephen Kobrin
- Bibliographic Analysis of the Scholarly Writings of José de la Torre
- Bibliographic Analysis of the Scholarly Writings of John Daniels
Copyright © 2024 Anne-Wil Harzing. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Mon 1 Jan 2024 15:16
Anne-Wil Harzing is Professor of International Management at Middlesex University, London and visiting professor of International Management at Tilburg University. She is a Fellow of the Academy of International Business, a select group of distinguished AIB members who are recognized for their outstanding contributions to the scholarly development of the field of international business. In addition to her academic duties, she also maintains the Journal Quality List and is the driving force behind the popular Publish or Perish software program.