Free articles on (journal) rankings
SpringerNature has implemented a SharedIt initiative, which allows authors to share their published articles swiftly and legally with colleagues and the wider community. Anyone will be able to connect to a view-only version of the articles for free. If you would like to save or print the article, please refer to the pre-publication version or just drop me an email for an official reprint.
In addition, several of my articles in the area of journal rankings and research evaluation are available in gold open access for other reasons and are hence included in the list.
- Harzing, A.W. (2015) Health warning: Might contain multiple personalities. The problem of homonyms in Thomson Reuters Essential Science Indicators, Scientometrics, vol. 105, no. 3, pp. 2259-2270. Available online... - Publisher's version (read for free) - Related blog post - [Press coverage in The Times and the Times Higher Education].
- Harzing, A.W.; Mijnhardt, W. (2015) Proof over promise: Towards a more inclusive ranking of Dutch academics in Economics & Business, Scientometrics, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 727-749. Available online... - Publisher's version (read for free) - Related blog post
- Harzing, A.W. (2013) Document categories in the ISI Web of Knowledge: Misunderstanding the Social Sciences?, Scientometrics, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 23-34. Available online... - Publisher's version (read for free) - Related blogpost
- Adler, N.; Harzing, A.W. (2009) When Knowledge Wins: Transcending the sense and nonsense of academic rankings, The Academy of Management Learning & Education, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 72-95. Available online... - Publisher's version - Related blog post - Winner of the 2009 AMLE Outstanding article of the year award and the 2019 AMLE Decade Award, free download courtesy of AoM - ESI top 1% most Highly Cited Paper
- Harzing, A.W. (2008) Arbitrary decisions in ranking studies: A commentary on Xu, Yalcinkaya, and Seggie (2008), Asia Pacific Journal of Management, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 685-689. Available online... - Publisher's version (read for free) - Related blog post
- Harzing, A.W.; Wal, R. van der (2008) Google Scholar as a new source for citation analysis?, Ethics in Science and Environmental Politics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 61-73. Available online... - Publisher's version (free access!) - Related blog post
- Mingers, J.; Harzing, A.W. (2007) Ranking journals in Business and Management: A statistical analysis of the Harzing Dataset, European Journal of Information Systems, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 303-316. Available online... - Publisher's version (read for free) - Related blog post
Copyright © 2019 Anne-Wil Harzing. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Sun 18 Aug 2019 06:56
Anne-Wil Harzing is Professor of International Management at Middlesex University, London and visiting professor of International Management at Tilburg University. She is a Fellow of the Academy of International Business, a select group of distinguished AIB members who are recognized for their outstanding contributions to the scholarly development of the field of international business. In addition to her academic duties, she also maintains the Journal Quality List and is the driving force behind the popular Publish or Perish software program.