Overview of Cygna network meetings in the academic year 2015-2016
If you are interested in being on the mailing list and/or attending our events please contact Anne-Wil Harzing (firstname.lastname@example.org). We also maintain a readings and inspirations section and have a Twitter hashtag #cygna_london. A quick overview of past presentations can be found here. For a full description of our network see: Celebrating CYGNA: Supporting women in academia.
- Extensive round of introductions welcoming ten first-time attendees
- Research Paper: Culture under Strain? Framing Effects and Cultural Toolkits in Understanding Leadership Challenges of Japanese Managers in China (Hyun-Jung Lee, Department of Management, LSE)
- How to use the Publish or Perish software effectively, a practical demonstration (Anne-Wil Harzing, Middlesex University)
Co-organised by LiXue Cunningham
- Research Paper: Productivity Gains of Training: Testing Skill and Motivation Perspectives (Argyro Avgoustaki, ESCP Europe, London)
- Balancing Research Rigor and Applicability: Embracing the Challenging of Academic Research and Consultancy (Jo Silvester, Cass Business School, City University of London)
- Introduction of new members
- Research paper: The Interface of Chinese Guanxi with Formal Organisational Role System in Chinese Enterprises (Rui Xu, University of Warwick)
- Experiences with Publishing in the Academy of Management Journal: Knowledge Exchange Processes in Multicultural Teams: Linking Organizational Diversity Climates to Teams' Effectiveness (Aida Hajro, Brunel University London)
- Women academics in France today: Riding the waves of change (Betty Beeler, Ecole Supérieure de Commerce Saint Etienne; Cordula Barzantny, Toulouse Business School)
- Round-table Discussion on the Role of Language in International Business: Betty Beeler, Natalie Wilmot (Sheffield Hallam Univ.), Guro Sanden (Copenhagen Business School), Ting Liu (Osaka University), Ling Zhang (King's College London)
Co-organised by Fiona Moore, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Research Paper: From "where are you from" to "where have you been": Identity construction of global cosmopolitans (Ling Eleanor Zhang, King's College London)
- Open discussion: Juggling research, teaching and administrative duties: Challenges and Solutions (Meg Hsin-Hsuan Lee, ESCP Business School London)
- Research Paper: Essentialism: the identity challenge of MNC employees - including experience of working in a British-Chinese joint-university (Shea Xuejiao Fan, Nottingham University Business School China)
- Open discussion: HROB in its 3rd year - ideas for future meetings and pick-nick in the ESCP courtyard.
Copyright © 2022 Anne-Wil Harzing. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Thu 26 May 2022 13:47
Anne-Wil Harzing is Professor of International Management at Middlesex University, London and visiting professor of International Management at Tilburg University. She is a Fellow of the Academy of International Business, a select group of distinguished AIB members who are recognized for their outstanding contributions to the scholarly development of the field of international business. In addition to her academic duties, she also maintains the Journal Quality List and is the driving force behind the popular Publish or Perish software program.