Working in academia
Working in academia can be challenging, especially as an early career academic. However, there are lots of resources on this website that can help you to navigate your academic job. Here is a list of the most important ones.
Blogposts on Harzing.com
Structured overview of Harzing.com blogposts by theme in the following areas:
|academic careers||conference reports||gender in academia|
|academic etiquette||creating research impact||research focus|
|academic publishing||doing (international) research||Publish or Perish software|
My YouTube channel Harzing Academic Resources includes more than eighty videos on topics such as:
- Publishing: publishing in top journals, chosing your target journal, writing boot-camp series
- Research impact: how to get cited, measuring research impact, Q&A on research impact
- Research profiles: Linkedin, ResearchGate and Twitter, Google Scholar Profiles, blogging, engaging with social media
- Research skills: doing a literature review, research strategies & trade-offs, using the publish or perish software
- Academic life: navigate academia as a PhD student, the UK REF, building a sustainable academic career, Q&A on working in academia
Copyright © 2021 Anne-Wil Harzing. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Mon 18 Oct 2021 17:02
Anne-Wil Harzing is Professor of International Management at Middlesex University, London and visiting professor of International Management at Tilburg University. She is a Fellow of the Academy of International Business, a select group of distinguished AIB members who are recognized for their outstanding contributions to the scholarly development of the field of international business. In addition to her academic duties, she also maintains the Journal Quality List and is the driving force behind the popular Publish or Perish software program.