Welcome to Harzing.com
This website includes Anne-Wil's areas of research and online papers, resources to assist with academic publishing and careers, assessment of research and journal quality, as well as software for citation analysis.
The Harzing.com blog includes posts on: academic publishing, doing research, academic etiquette, using the Publish or Perish software, academic careers, gender in academia, research focus, and positive academia. If you are an early of mid career academic, your best starting point might be the Working in academia page.
New book series
My book series Crafting your career in academia launched in August 2022 with a book on Writing Effective Promotion Applications. The series is a collection of short guides dealing with various aspects of working in academia. It is based on my popular blog.
Main themes of this website
- Working in academia - Effective promotion applications, Avoiding a desk-reject, Social media to support your career, Improve your Research Profile
- Research evaluation - Journal Quality List, From h-index to hIa, Data sources
- Publish or Perish - Download PoP, FAQ, User manual, Training, Support PoP
- Doing research - Editorial Board Diversity, Cultural Distance, Response bias
- Language in IB - Review study, Language barriers & trust, MNC language barrier
- MNCs & International HRM - Ethnic similarity traps, Inpatriation and subsidiary growth & performance, Reframing ethnocentrism
This web site has been online (with some periodic restyling) since 1999. If you wish to link to this website, feel free do so. Please do not copy any content except for your own personal use. Unless otherwise noted, this website and its contents are © Anne-Wil Harzing 1997-2023.
Copyright © 2023 Anne-Wil Harzing. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Wed 4 Oct 2023 02:30