Publish or Perish training resources
Lists training resources for Publish or Perish
- Frequently Asked Questions about Publish or Perish
- The online edition of the Publish or Perish User's Manual (how to use the software)
- Publish or Perish tutorial: 80 tips to get the best out of the software.
- The online edition of the Publish or Perish Book (in-depth information and many examples)
- My YouTube channel with many videos on Publish or Perish and measuring research impact.
- A range of presentations on using Publish or Perish can be found on my Slideshare account. The latest presentation is How to use Publish or Perish effectively?
- From publication to impact (slides) - 30 minute video (courtesy of Middlesex University, September 2014)
- My blog includes many blogposts discussing specific functions of Publish or Perish.
- A video recording of "Google Scholar, Scopus and the Web of Science: A longitudinal and cross-disciplinary comparison", a presentation given at a seminar organised by the Spanish Journal of Psychology at the Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 16 November 2015. - Presentation slides
- A video recording of From publication to impact: tools to measure research impact, in the LSE (London School of Economics) Learning Technology and Innovation series
As someone doing research into language diversity I know only too well how the use of English can be a barrier for those with different mother tongues. Hence, I am delighted that members of the PoP community have created training videos in their own languages. The videos below are of varying quality and provided for your convenience only; I do not guarantee 100% accuracy. The listing is by recency, with most recent videos listed at the top. Earlier videos use an older version of the software, but might still be useful for a quick introduction in your language.
Note: there are now so many videos that is becoming too time-consuming to update this list. I will only occasionally include new videos in languages that were not yet covered. For more recent videos, simply search for videos in Youtube with this search string.
- [June 2022, Persian - Iran] Publish or Perish, آموزش تصویری سرچ مقالات علمی معتبر با استفاده از نرم افزار uses the new PoP8 version to explain how to use to the software to find legitimate academic articles.
- [Dec 2021, French - Canada] Publish or Perish un logiciel pour compléter vos recherches documentaires et bibliométriques, very comprehensive 45-min video using the new PoP8 version, dealing with lots of different use cases.
- [Feb 2021, Turkish - Turkey] Akademi+ | Publish or Perish, 6-minute video on how to use PoP to do a literature review, by Academic Development.
- [Aug 2020, Spanish - Mexico] Principales funciones del programa Publish o Perish 1.5 hour demonstration covering a very large variety of searches and exporting options, by Valentín Ortiz.
- [June 2020, Indonesian] Publish or Perish - Panen Metadata Scopus, 30-min video with a large variety of searches in all data-sources, as well as a demonstration of how to request Scopus and Microsoft Academic keys and interaction with Mendeley, by Andi Anto Patak.
- [June 2020, Indonesian] Cara Mudah Mencari Artikel Jurnal Sesuai Tema Riset, 8-minute video on how to use PoP to do a literature review, by Tomy Fitrio
- [May 2020, English with Indian accent] Literature Search using Harzing's Publish or Perish, short author search video, by Jogger Knot.
- [May 2020, Indonesian] Menggunakan Software Publish or Perish untuk Mencari Artikel Jurnal dan Kajian Literatur, short title/keyword search video, by M Halim.
- [May 2020, Malayalam] Publish or Perish (മലയാളം) A software for literature review, 15-min video showing how to use the software for literature reviews, by College Student.
- [May 2020, Indonesian] Mendeley X Publish or Perish, demonstrates how to use Publish or Perish with Mendeley, by Eric Kunto Aribowo.
- [April 2020, Hindi] Bibliometric Analysis using Publish or Perish: Introduction, short introduction to my website as well as the user interface of the PoP software, by Rahul Pratap Singh Karav from Research and Productivity Tools.
- [April 2020, Hindi] Know your or some one's academic REACH or REPUTATION?, short demonstration of how to do a Google Scholar Profile search and export the results, by Rahul Pratap Singh Karav from Research and Productivity Tools.
- [April 2020, Hindi] Bibliometric Analysis using Publish or Perish: Hands-on, short title/keyword search video with demonstration of importing into VOSviewer, by Rahul Pratap Singh Karav from Research and Productivity Tools.
- [April 2020, English, Pakistani accent] Publish or Perish Rapid Literature Articles Collector, short video showing how to do a literature search, including a demonstration of sorting by author/title/journal/year/citations, by Noman Arshed.
- [Feb 2020, Indonesian] Bibliometric Analysis Tutorial, 30-min video demonstrating a basic bibliometric analysis using Publish or Perish and VOSviewer, by Adha Ilhami.
- [March 2019, Portuguese] Publish or Perish - Tutorial, 10-min video explaining the interface, metrics and demonstrating author, journal and keyword searches, as well as exporting to Excel, by Amanda.
- [Feb 2019, Portuguese - Brazil] Publish or Perish 6 - Instruções de uso, 15-min video explaining the interface and demonstrating author, ISSN and keyword searches, by Giovanni Bohm Machado.
- [April 2018, Portuguese] How to use Harzing's Publish or Perish, short keyword search video with demonstration of exporting to Excel, by Valor42.
- [Sept 2017, Spanish - Colombia] Funcionalidades del Publish or Perish, 12-min video with good introduction, journal and author searches by Cristina Restrepo Arango
- [Aug 2017, Arabic] A magic research tool - Publish or Perish, by iShare Science للعلم
- [July 2015, Portuguese - Brazil] Indice G e Indice H com Publish or Perish, short video on doing a journal search in the context of Brazilian journal rankings, by Professor Alides Baptista Chimin Junior.
Created training materials for Publish or Perish? Please let me know and I'll list them here.
Support Publish or Perish
Development of the Publish or Perish software is a volunteering effort that has been ongoing since 2006, regularly adding new features and data sources and expanding use cases and geographical distribution.
To keep Publish or Perish free (gratis) for everyone, your contribution toward the costs of hosting, bandwidth, and software development is appreciated. If you find Publish or Perish useful, then this is your chance to say "thank you" to the developers.
You can support us by buying the Publish or Perish guide or tutorial and/or through a donation. Only one user out of every five thousand contributes (that is, only 0.02% of all users!), so any support is very welcome indeed.
|Product name||Unit price||Quantity|
|PoP donation (small)||GBP 1.00|
|PoP donation (medium)||GBP 10.00|
|PoP donation (large)||GBP 50.00|
|PoP donation (corporate)||GBP 500.00|
|Publish or Perish guide (2010)||GBP 3.49|
|Publish or Perish tutorial (2016)||GBP 2.99|
Note: all prices are in Pounds Sterling (GBP). VAT does not apply.
Copyright © 2022 Anne-Wil Harzing. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Sun 6 Nov 2022 14:59
Anne-Wil Harzing is Professor of International Management at Middlesex University, London and visiting professor of International Management at Tilburg University. She is a Fellow of the Academy of International Business, a select group of distinguished AIB members who are recognized for their outstanding contributions to the scholarly development of the field of international business. In addition to her academic duties, she also maintains the Journal Quality List and is the driving force behind the popular Publish or Perish software program.