List three useful software products and presents our software manifesto
Harzing.com contains many free products & services. Here are some related products that we would like to bring to your attention.
InstallMate is a product to build software installers. Many academics in the Sciences and Engineering occasionally build their own software programs. InstallMate is your ideal choice to distribute these software programs. It is user-friendly and powerful at the same time. Its tagline is: Industrial Strength Software Installation. InstallMate sells for US$249 per developer, including 2 hours of premium support.
InstallMate is also the installer that is used to distribute Publish or Perish. In nearly 10 years and more than half a million Publish or Perish installations, we haven't received a single support request about the installation. A clear sign of InstallMate's reliability and ease of use.
Password Generator is a Windows program that generates cryptographically strong passwords in a variety of formats (Letters+Digits, Base64, S/Key, Hexadecimal, and Custom). You can also use these passwords as encryption keys for symmetric encryption algorithms, or even as PIN codes. Password Generator is free.
More about Password Generator...
Publish or Perish
Our extremely popular software program that retrieves and analyzes academic citations. It uses Google Scholar and five other data sources to obtain the raw citations, then analyzes these and presents a range of metrics. It runs on Microsoft Windows, OS X, and GNU/Linux systems. Publish or Perish is free.
More about Publish or Perish...
A 15-minute audio & slide presentation on citation analysis and Publish or Perish can be found on slideshare.
NEW: The Publish or Perish Book: now $9.95 Kindle, $14.95 PDF, $26.95 paperback
We will not just offer any software products. Our products are designed to make your life easier in the following ways:
- Software by academics for academics
- Software designed by academics for academics that incorporates the features you want to see. For any product you can put in feature requests that will be implemented whenever feasible.
- Software that any academic can use
- Our software is intuitive and easy to use, even for those with limited computer knowledge. We spend a lot of time on creating accessible user interfaces that are self-explanatory. In addition, our products always have a complete helpfile.
- Software that any academic can afford
- We promise that none of our packages will cost more than US$99, with most being priced well below US$49, and many are completely free. This means that academics are able to afford our packages even if they do not have large research budgets.
- Software with a purpose
- We provide tailored software that performs one function (e.g. citation analysis, text analysis) really well rather than complicated programs that aim to do anything and everything, but confuse the user with their options.
- Software that operates independently
- There is no need to buy expensive base packages simply to operate our software. You are not locked into buying additional modules in order to get basic functionality. Our stand alone products provide full functionality.
- Software that can be bought without hassle
- To buy our software, there is no need to generate purchase orders or go through resellers. You can buy our software online instantly, using a variety of secure payment methods.
- Software that can be installed without hassle
- You can install our software yourself without needing administrator rights, either at home or at work. Our in-house installer (Tarma InstallMate) ensures that the installation process is easy, flawless and painless, even if you do not have Administrator access to your computer.
If you have any suggestions about software that could make your life easier, please let us know.
Copyright © 2018 Anne-Wil Harzing. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Thu 11 Oct 2018 08:32
Anne-Wil Harzing is Professor of International Management at Middlesex University, London and visiting professor of International Management at Tilburg University. She is a Fellow of the Academy of International Business, a select group of distinguished AIB members who are recognized for their outstanding contributions to the scholarly development of the field of international business. In addition to her academic duties, she also maintains the Journal Quality List and is the driving force behind the popular Publish or Perish software program.