PoP 8 new features (15): Training resources
On the 1st of November 2021, nearly exactly 15 years after first launching Publish or Perish, we released version 8 of the software. After two months of "soft launch", we are now ready to publicise its new features. To do so, I will post about a new feature every Thursday. If you want a complete overview have a look at this blogpost: Publish or Perish version 8.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Publish or Perish
- The online edition of the Publish or Perish User's Manual (how to use the software)
- Publish or Perish tutorial: 80 tips to get the best out of the software.
- The online edition of the Publish or Perish Book (in-depth information and many examples)
- My YouTube channel with many videos on Publish or Perish and measuring research impact.
- Multilingual training resources by the community of Publish or Perish users.
- The changing usage of Publish or Perish over the years: where, why, when, what & who?
- New: Publish or Perish now also exports abstracts
- How to use Publish or Perish effectively?
- Using Publish or Perish for meta-analyses
- Where to submit your paper? Which journals publish on your topic
- How to import ISI and Scopus data in Publish or Perish?
- How to merge “stray citation" records?
- How to conduct a longitudinal literature review?
- A range of presentations on using Publish or Perish can be found on my Slideshare account. The latest presentation is How to use Publish or Perish effectively?
- From publication to impact (slides) - 30 minute video (courtesy of Middlesex University, September 2014)
- A video recording of "Google Scholar, Scopus and the Web of Science: A longitudinal and cross-disciplinary comparison", a presentation given at a seminar organised by the Spanish Journal of Psychology at the Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 16 November 2015. - Presentation slides
- A video recording of From publication to impact: tools to measure research impact, in the LSE (London School of Economics) Learning Technology and Innovation series
Download Publish or Perish version 8
You can download the latest version of Publish or Perish from the following pages:
- PoP 8 new features (1): New interface
- PoP 8 new features (2): New data-source PubMed
- PoP 8 new features (3): New metric hA index
- PoP 8 new features (4): Search for free full text version
- PoP 8 new features (5): Download and export of abstracts
- PoP 8 new features (6): Improved search reports - basic or extended
- PoP 8 new features (7): Google Scholar - related works
- PoP 8 new features (8): Google Scholar - DOI extraction
- PoP 8 new features (9): Google Scholar - retrieval of citing works
- PoP 8 new features (10): Google Scholar - limitation of the number of search results
- PoP 8 new features (11) Google Scholar - include/exclude stray citations and patents
- PoP 8 new features (12): Facilitate repeated searching
- PoP 8 new features (13): Command line tools
- PoP 8 new features (14): Transparency & replicability
- PoP 8 new features (15): Training resources
Support Publish or Perish
Development of the Publish or Perish software is a volunteering effort that has been ongoing since 2006, regularly adding new features and data sources and expanding use cases and geographical distribution.
To keep Publish or Perish free (gratis) for everyone, your contribution toward our costs of hosting, bandwidth, and software development is appreciated. If you find Publish or Perish useful, then this is your chance to say "thank you" to the developers.
You can support us by buying the Publish or Perish guide or tutorial and/or through a donation. Only one user out of every five thousand contributes (that is, only 0.02% of all users!), so any support is very welcome indeed.
|Product name||Unit price||Quantity|
|Publish or Perish donation (small)||GBP 1.00|
|Publish or Perish donation (med)||GBP 10.00|
|Publish or Perish donation (large)||GBP 50.00|
|Publish or Perish donation (corporate)||GBP 500.00|
|Publish or Perish guide (2010)||GBP 14.95|
|Publish or Perish tutorial (2016)||GBP 9.95|
Note: all prices are in Pounds Sterling (GBP). For UK and EU customers, VAT at the local rate is included in the price.
Copyright © 2021 Anne-Wil Harzing. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Wed 29 Dec 2021 17:02
Anne-Wil Harzing is Professor of International Management at Middlesex University, London and visiting professor of International Management at Tilburg University. She is a Fellow of the Academy of International Business, a select group of distinguished AIB members who are recognized for their outstanding contributions to the scholarly development of the field of international business. In addition to her academic duties, she also maintains the Journal Quality List and is the driving force behind the popular Publish or Perish software program.