PoP 8 new features (14): Transparency & replicability
Week 14 of a weekly announcement of new features of Publish or Perish version 8
On the 1st of November 2021, nearly exactly 15 years after first launching Publish or Perish, we released version 8 of the software. After two months of "soft launch", we are now ready to publicise its new features. To do so, I will post about a new feature every Thursday. If you want a complete overview have a look at this blogpost: Publish or Perish version 8.
We improved the diagnostic log allowing the user to see exactly what search strings Publish or Perish sends to the various data sources. This allows advanced users to verify that the searches they are running are translated as they intend. It also allows them to replicate the search on the web platform in question if so desired.
You will find this log on the Publish or Perish main menu:
- Windows - use the Help > Open Diagnostic Log command from the main menu bar
- macOS - use the Publish or Perish > Open Diagnostic Log command from the main menu bar
Download Publish or Perish version 8
You can download the latest version of Publish or Perish from the following pages:
- PoP 8 new features (1): New interface
- PoP 8 new features (2): New data-source PubMed
- PoP 8 new features (3): New metric hA index
- PoP 8 new features (4): Search for free full text version
- PoP 8 new features (5): Download and export of abstracts
- PoP 8 new features (6): Improved search reports - basic or extended
- PoP 8 new features (7): Google Scholar - related works
- PoP 8 new features (8): Google Scholar - DOI extraction
- PoP 8 new features (9): Google Scholar - retrieval of citing works
- PoP 8 new features (10): Google Scholar - limitation of the number of search results
- PoP 8 new features (11): Google Scholar - include/exclude stray citations and patents
- PoP 8 new features (12): Facilitate repeated searching
- PoP 8 new features (13): Command line tools
- PoP 8 new features (14): Transparency & replicability
- PoP 8 new features (15): Training resources
Support Publish or Perish
Development of the Publish or Perish software is a volunteering effort that has been ongoing since 2006, regularly adding new features and data sources and expanding use cases and geographical distribution.
To keep Publish or Perish free (gratis) for everyone, your contribution toward our costs of hosting, bandwidth, and software development is appreciated. If you find Publish or Perish useful, then this is your chance to say "thank you" to the developers.
You can support us by buying the Publish or Perish guide or tutorial and/or through a donation. Only one user out of every five thousand contributes (that is, only 0.02% of all users!), so any support is very welcome indeed. For more detail see: Support Publish or Perish.
|Product name||Unit price||Quantity|
|PoP donation (small)||GBP 1.00|
|PoP donation (medium)||GBP 10.00|
|PoP donation (large)||GBP 50.00|
|PoP donation (corporate)||GBP 500.00|
|Publish or Perish guide (2010)||GBP 3.49|
|Publish or Perish tutorial (2016)||GBP 2.99|
Note: all prices are in Pounds Sterling (GBP). VAT does not apply.
Copyright © 2022 Anne-Wil Harzing. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Sun 18 Sep 2022 08:13
Anne-Wil Harzing is Professor of International Management at Middlesex University, London and visiting professor of International Management at Tilburg University. She is a Fellow of the Academy of International Business, a select group of distinguished AIB members who are recognized for their outstanding contributions to the scholarly development of the field of international business. In addition to her academic duties, she also maintains the Journal Quality List and is the driving force behind the popular Publish or Perish software program.