70th edition of the Journal Quality List online
New version of the Journal Quality List with updates for the ABDC list and a new META ranking
The latest version of the Journal Quality List is now available, with one updated ranking (the Australian ABDC ranking) and a new ranking (META 2023). The Journal Quality List is a collation of journal rankings from a variety of sources. The current version of the JQL contains 11 different rankings of more than 950 journals.
Please note: After more than 20 years of regular updates, continued maintenance the JQL has become a bit of a burden. So if you spot any inaccuracies or omissions, please contact me by email so that we can keep this resource accurate and accessible to all.
Rankings of a variety of countries included
Where available, the rankings for each journal from the following sources are included:
- META 2023: An integrative ranking by a group of German scholars
- FNEGE 2022: Foundation National pour l’Enseignement de la Gestion des Entreprises 2022
- Australian Business Deans Council 2022
- Scopus CiteSc 2021: Scopus CiteScore, June 2021
- HCRES 2021: Haut conseil de l’évaluation de la recherche et de l’enseignement supérieur ranking 2021
- DEN 2021: Danish Ministry ranking 2021
- AJG 2021: British Association of Business Schools (ABS) Ranking 2021
- EJL 2020: Erasmus Research Institute of Management Journals Listing 2020
- CNRS 2020: Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique June 2020
- Financial Times 50 Ranking 2016
- JOURQUAL: Verband der Hochschullehrer für Betriebswirtschaft 2015
Why I created the Journal Quality list in 1999
Like to support the Journal Quality List?
If you use the JQL often, you might like to consider to support its continued availablity through a small donation for another one of my free resources: the Publish or Perish software.
- The four P's of getting published
- The four C's of getting cited
- Why does my paper get a desk-reject time and again?
- How to keep up-to-date with the literature, but avoid information overload?
- Last impressions count too! The importance of conclusions
- Submit to only one journal at a time
- Where to submit your paper? Compare journals by impact
- Where to submit your paper? Which journals publish on your topic
- How to avoid a desk-reject in seven steps [1/8]
Find the resources on my website useful?
I cover all the expenses of operating my website privately. If you enjoyed this post and want to support me in maintaining my website, consider buying a copy of one of my books (see below) or supporting the Publish or Perish software.
Copyright © 2023 Anne-Wil Harzing. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Wed 23 Aug 2023 07:00
Anne-Wil Harzing is Professor of International Management at Middlesex University, London and visiting professor of International Management at Tilburg University. She is a Fellow of the Academy of International Business, a select group of distinguished AIB members who are recognized for their outstanding contributions to the scholarly development of the field of international business. In addition to her academic duties, she also maintains the Journal Quality List and is the driving force behind the popular Publish or Perish software program.