Free articles on (journal) rankings
SpringerNature has implemented a SharedIt initiative, which allows authors to share their published articles swiftly and legally with colleagues and the wider community. Anyone will be able to connect to a view-only version of the articles for free. If you would like to save or print the article, please refer to the pre-publication version or just drop me an email for an official reprint.
In addition, several of my articles in the area of journal rankings and research evaluation are available in gold open access for other reasons and are hence included in the list.
- Harzing, A.W. (2015) Health warning: Might contain multiple personalities. The problem of homonyms in Thomson Reuters Essential Science Indicators, Scientometrics, vol. 105, no. 3, pp. 2259-2270. Available online... - Publisher's version (read for free) - [Press coverage in The Times and the Times Higher Education].
- Harzing, A.W.; Mijnhardt, W. (2015) Proof over promise: Towards a more inclusive ranking of Dutch academics in Economics & Business, Scientometrics, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 727-749. Available online... - Publisher's version (read for free)
- Harzing, A.W. (2013) Document categories in the ISI Web of Knowledge: Misunderstanding the Social Sciences?, Scientometrics, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 23-34. Available online... - Publisher's version (read for free)
- Adler, N.; Harzing, A.W. (2009) When Knowledge Wins: Transcending the sense and nonsense of academic rankings, The Academy of Management Learning & Education, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 72-95. Available online... [Winner of the 2009 AMLE Outstanding article of the year award, free download courtesy of AoM.] - ESI top 1% most Highly Cited Paper
- Harzing, A.W. (2008) Arbitrary decisions in ranking studies: A commentary on Xu, Yalcinkaya, and Seggie (2008), Asia Pacific Journal of Management, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 685-689. Available online... - Publisher's version (read for free)
- Harzing, A.W.; Wal, R. van der (2008) Google Scholar as a new source for citation analysis?, Ethics in Science and Environmental Politics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 61-73. Available online... - Publisher's version (free access!)
- Mingers, J.; Harzing, A.W. (2007) Ranking journals in Business and Management: A statistical analysis of the Harzing Dataset, European Journal of Information Systems, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 303-316. Available online... - Publisher's version (read for free)
Copyright © 2016 Anne-Wil Harzing. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Sun 4 Dec 2016 14:36
Anne-Wil Harzing is Professor of International Management at Middlesex University, London. In addition to her academic duties, she also maintains the Journal Quality List and is the driving force behind the popular Publish or Perish software program.