System requirements for the Publish or Perish software
Publish or Perish has the following system requirements:
- Windows: the Windows version of Publish or Perish requires Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11, including x64 editions. Some (non-essential) functions require Windows 7 or later and have reduced functionality on Windows XP, 2003, and Windows Vista.
- macOS: the macOS version of Publish or Perish requires macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or later, including macOS 11 (Big Sur) and 12 (Monterey). Since version 7.28 (December 2020) Publish or Perish supports Apple Silicon natively (i.e., the M1, M1 Pro, and M1 Max processors), in addition to the Intel processors.
- Publish or Perish 6.x will also run correctly on Wine 1.8 or later, if Wine emulates one of the Windows versions mentioned above. For details, see Publish or Perish on GNU/Linux. You might encounter some limitations when an external web browser is required for Google CAPTCHAs or Web of Science sign in.
- Publish or Perish 7.x and later will run on Wine 6.x and later, with some limitations on Google Scholar CAPTCHA handling. For details, see Publish or Perish on GNU/Linux.
- Enough memory to run the operating system comfortably.
- About 4.5 MB hard disk space for the software proper, and anything from 1 MB up to several GB to store the retrieved data. (You can reclaim disk space by regularly clearing the query cache through the Tools > Clear Cache command.)
- An Internet connection. If your Internet access takes place through a proxy server, then make sure that you are properly logged in to the proxy so the Publish or Perish software can reach the data source servers.
Copyright © 2021 David Adams. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Wed 3 Nov 2021 10:42
Web master of Harzing.com and developer of the Publish or Perish software, among other things. He holds BSc and MSc degrees in Electrical Engineering, a PhD in Operations Research, and likes to watch academic life from a safe distance.