Publish or Perish has the following system requirements:
- Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 8, or 10, including x64 editions. Some (non-essential) functions require Windows 7 or later and have reduced functionality on Windows XP, 2003, and Windows Vista.
- Publish or Perish 6.x will also run correctly on Wine 1.8 or later, if Wine emulates one of the Windows versions mentioned above. For details, see Publish or Perish on GNU/Linux and Publish or Perish on OS X. You might encounter some limitations when an external web browser is required for Google CAPTCHAs or Web of Science sign in.
- Publish or Perish 7.x will NOT run on Wine; the program will hang on startup. The precise cause is still under investigation, but appears to be an issue with asynchronous reads of mailslots on Wine (you're not expected to understand this, but if you do, then please get in touch to help us resolve the issue).
- Enough memory to run the operating system comfortably.
- About 4.5 MB hard disk space for the software proper, and anything from 1 MB up to several GB to store the retrieved data. (You can reclaim disk space by regularly clearing the query cache through the Tools > Clear Cache command.)
- An Internet connection. If your Internet access takes place through a proxy server, then make sure that you are properly logged in to the proxy so the Publish or Perish software can reach the data source servers.
Copyright © 2018 David Adams. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Wed 31 Oct 2018 09:38
Web master of Harzing.com and developer of the Publish or Perish software, among other things. He holds BSc and MSc degrees in Electrical Engineering, a PhD in Operations Research, and likes to watch academic life from a safe distance.